Thursday, October 6, 2011

find what you love

It should not be new news to you that the one and only Steve Jobs passed away yesterday :( at the age of 56 after a long struggle with pancreatic cancer

I have to admit, it isn't until now with an abundance articles and stories of Steve Jobs that I have a newfound love for the man and his love for creativity and specifically, typography.  I love Apple. I love those little Pixar short films. Steve Jobs, you will be greatly missed.

So, please take 15 minutes out of your busy day and watch this commencement speech at Stanford from 2005:


I was so tempted to just copy and paste the whole speech... but I love this quote in particular:

"Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart... Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."


STAY HUNGRY, STAY FOOLISH


No comments:

Post a Comment