Monday, September 26, 2011

weekend.

Happy first fall weekend? Mine was!

CURE's Quiet Heroes luncheon was on Saturday. My other mother, Mrs. Gearon was this year's invited speaker with a well-deserved standing ovation from a speech that left everyone with teary eyes.  She's been a special person in my life, but to see her touch so many other people the way she did within minutes  was indescribable.


So after an emotionally draining morning, I was dropped off at Music Midtown for an afternoon and evening of barefoot dancing in Piedmont Park.  And, I got to go with some of my favorite people–the Bailey twins from high school (Joe goes to Southern Cal and went to Bonnaroo one year and Kinman goes to UGA with me)  and Gabs (who I met in South Africa)!!


the twins!


Joe wrestling me to the ground

cage the elephant
**photos courtesy of Gabs


SO FUN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment