Tuesday, July 26, 2011

born free

Mom and I spent our evening watching one of our favorite movies, Born Free.  I remember watching it again and again throughout my childhood; always a favorite.  It'd been years since either of us had watched it and within that time, we'd forgotten the fact that it was made in 1966... certainly before HD...



I even learned how to play the one song on the piano. It makes my mom cry.



"Born free, as free as the wind blows
As free as the grass grows
Born free to follow your heart

Live free, and beauty surrounds you
The world still astounds you
Each time you look at a star

*Stay free, where no walls divide you
You're free as a roaring tide
So there's no need to hide

Born free, and life is worth living
But only worth living
Cause you're born free" 



I want to be Joy Adamson!


(I also just finished reading I Dreamed of Africa. I highly recommend it! Wouldn't mind being Kuki Gallman either...)

No comments:

Post a Comment