Thursday, August 1, 2013

to asia

Well, a last minute offer to go to Asia turned into a whirlwind... 
With a backpack, passport brought by Mom, business suit shipped to Seattle, and no known plan, I jetsetted to Singapore straight from a great few days with Lindsey and Erin in Seattle. 
airports on airports on airports
 Such is the life in a 5 star hotel... I hardly left for a whole day in preparation for the crazy next few days to come. 


In Singapore, Bailey and I checked out the aquarium and Universal studios. 



Then it was off to Jakarta for a couple days. I never thought I'd be back there... how things change!


Being there brought back such fond memories of the sites, smells, and people from last summer. Such things I'll never forget. 
a real sunset in Jakarta. 
 We watched movies in Jakarta's best movie theaters. (Big comfy chairs, caramel corn, 3D all for a couple bucks)
and lots of Adventure Time
 We went back to Taman Safari to catch up with some animal friends.





Then, off to Bangkok!

more planes!



the river ferry to go to the health center


The next couple days were spent with a dear friend from riding days, Ler who I hadn't seen in years. We had such a great time! 
cabaret show w ler, steve, randy, and jay
so many people!
signage outside the mall restroom
monk field trip to a temple



me and Ler at the bronze Buddha
Then it was the long journey home again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment