Friday, August 10, 2012

home again, home again

I ended up getting a flight a couple of days earlier than planned.  And, I'm so glad. Sometimes, the gift of time is the greatest gift of all.  As much as I enjoyed Indonesia, some time at home was great for unpacking, packing for school, and moving into my unseen apartment all within a couple of days before school starts. 
The nice man in the Jakarta airport got me an exit row seat upstairs, so I basically had so much room for activities such as jumping jacks to keep myself awake.  The advice given to me was to stay awake on the first flight and sleep the whole second one. It was painfully difficult to do so. I arrived in Seoul to talk my way into an earlier standby flight and continue my struggle to stay awake. I got on that earlier flight and was home in Atlanta by midday! What a surprise for everyone! 

welcome home tears
Nate and me in Mom's lovely sign
and I'm home!
The 3 of us had a delicious Taqueria Del Sol lunch! (oh how i've missed Mexican food! - probably  more than anything else.) And before I coud get home, we were at the phone store to get me hooked up again. Then it was straight to the squash gym to beat up on Paps.  Mom made a delicious dinner (again, how I've missed home cooked, family meals!) and my favorite– strawberry-rhubarb pie! I love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment