Monday, March 21, 2011

it's nights like these

cutting of the meat

dinner is served!





operation Cree

spillage :(

food baby competitions begin

aren't they the cutest?!


Last night was a fabulous impromptu party with some of my favorite people in the world!  Might I also add that it was also the eve of the Persian new year, the equinox, and a full moon!  Craziness, that's what.  And let me tell ya, it sure was magical!  There were moments that caught my breath long enough to realize just how happy I was!


And to top it all off... super preggers with our food babies, we slept out under the shining moon and plentiful stars all bundled up in blankets, dreaming of where we will be in the years to come.  I love all the special people in my life!  They amaze me everyday! 



And finally, a recipe:
(warning: measurements are pretty experimental so feel free to approximate and try variations.  I can't follow a recipe verbatim. ever.)

Sea Salt Brownies!

3/4 c oil
1/4 c water
2 c brown sugar
a good 3/4 c good cocoa powder (dark, unsweetened)
2 c flour (whole wheat + white)
a good pinch of sea salt
1 tbs vanilla

Now, to make the magic...
Add ingredients in order in a saucepan over medium heat.  (But remove from heat after the flour.)  Pour Dump into a greased pan and dust with chunky sea salt.  Put it in a 350 degreeish oven for however long  you see fit (generally 20ish minutes).  
*better to take them out too early than too late

3 comments:

  1. recipe experiments
    substitute coconut oil for the oil
    link to this http://www.organicfacts.net/organic-oils/organic-coconut-oil/health-benefits-of-coconut-oil.html
    sprinkle the sea salt on top before cooking as a way to accentuate the saltiness
    substitute edensoy for water, will add some protein and vanillaness all in one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good ideas uncle tim... after elly told me about sea salt brownies I made some at home-

    http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/desserts/salted-fudge-brownies/

    very fudgy, very delicious. I also add the salt to chocolate chip cookies before baking.

    My, us Gildners are becoming domestic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Domestic... that's a bit scary!
    I like the coconut oil, but the rest of the fam... not so much. And for the soy milk- haven't tried it! next time!

    Happy baking! and eating!
    nom nom nom

    ReplyDelete