Saturday, May 24, 2014

joe

After a hellacious J.O.E. (Junior Outdoor Experience. A mandatory backpacking trip for rising high school seniors at Lovett.) I decided to give it another go. The past couple years I haven't been around for the trip. This year though... I was in town and better yet it was Nate's year to do it. 

With 11 kids, a co leader and I headed into Pisgah National Forest. We had perfect weather and a fabulous group. I really can't imagine a better case. 


rigged fishing gear and salamander bait


Yes, we may have taken a short cut in order to have a base camp and stay put for 2 nights. Clutch decision. We played in waterfalls and learned card games and feasted on the rest of our all natural food.


and we had a birthday on the trail - banner, cheez-its, and snickers yums.
 New high school principle, Mr. Alig was caught red handed getting McDonald's while in town. Busted!

Thanks for a fun week! It far surpassed my expectations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment