Thursday, October 31, 2013

couldn't stay away

After my time in the Alps just a few weeks ago, I just had to return. Thanks to my professor for taking a week to spend time with his family at home in Greece, I got the week "off". By "off" I still had stacks of reading, 2 papers, and a 40 minute presentation to prepare. But hey, no class! Off to Switzerland it was...

Caught a nice 3:45 bus to get to the airport just in time for my flight. Landed in Geneva and caught a train to head up the hills to Chateau d'Oex.
lake Geneva
some street art in Montreux
It was so great to be back with the Zeller family!! Even if I spent my first couple days writing my papers and going on the occasional walk in the mountains. 
We even went to a Halloween party in a nearby town. So well done. 

little pony parade

chalet built circa 1732

hip hip hooray!

everyone is winterizing 
2 special boys from Oxford are coming to join us tomorrow. We're all crossing our fingers they actually make it here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment